Monday, May 24, 2010

Holiday Letter Blocks.

I saw this on another blog, so I thought that I would try it out. I thought that it turned out great!

Supplies:
-10 blocks, whatever size you want. I went to Home Depot and got a long piece of wood and had my husband cut it in squares.
-Paint
-Vinyl Letters, cardstock letters, or big alphabet stamps
-wood stain
-sand paper

How to:
1. Sand blocks you want.
2. Paint blocks. I only did one coat because I was planning on sanding them and staining them.
3. Once dry, sand edges, if you want.
4. Stain the blocks.
5. Place letters on the blocks. Here are the letters you need for each block:

Block One: H Y E D
Block Two: A C R S
Block Three: R P E T
Block Four: V N L O
Block Five: E O M D
Block Six: S M K I

Block Seven: T F B W
Block Eight: U A G L
Block Nine: P J I H
Block Ten: F P S C

6. Once you decide which word you want to spell, you can decorate the unused blocks with ribbon, or knicknacks.

These are the words you can make with this one set of blocks:
Harvest
Welcome
Faith
Family
Spooky
Friends
Winter

Freedom
Blessed
Snow
Home
Hope
Monster

Mother
Dream
Easter

Lucky
Love
Santa
Glory

Romance
Love
Pumpkin
Frosty
School
Autumn
Spring
Summer
Father
Fall
Happy

Merry
Fairy

Fairies
Jolly
Flowers
Wishes
America

You can also try and spell more words!

If you like this and would like to order the blocks or just the letters, go here or email me at speakingvinyl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment